Friday, February 24, 2023

Clos du Bois Chardonnay


Name:
 Clos du Bois
Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2021
Price: $9.99

Winery Review: Enticing aromas of toasted peanuts and buttered popcorn lead to fresh apple and pear flavors nicely accented by vanilla and caramel notes. This medium - to full - bodied wine has lots of personality in a buttery style (Jim Gordon) - 90

Wine Folly Review: Page 96-97 in the book describes chardonnay as having hints of butter, pineapple and yellow apple which I taste. It also said hints of starfruit and vanilla which I did not find present in the wine. California chardonnays have more hints of yellow apple and pineapple than most as well as lemon zest and pie crust which I also taste in the wine. I definitely did not get nutmeg. On page 288 California chardonnays are described as having hints of caramel and creme brulee which I also got hints of. 

Personal Review: I was not the biggest fan of this wine, but chardonnays are not one of my favorite wine grapes. Overall I am getting more hints of flavor than I usually get in a wine. I am mainly getting apples, pineapples and a buttery texture. The smell of this wine does not go along with the flavors. The smell is more tangy and has hints of broccoli. This wine is better when drinking as my first instead of drinking after a sauvignon blanc. Overall, this wine was okay but not amazing in my personal taste.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Whitehaven Wine Tastin-2

Name:  Whitehaven Variety:  Sauvignon Blanc Region:  Marlborough Country:  New Zealand Year:  2022 Price:  $16.99 Winery Review: Aromas of p...