Monday, February 27, 2023

Martin's Rake


Name: Martin's Rake
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Marlborough
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2022
Price: $12.99

Winery Review: Nicely done from the start, beginning with hints of stuck flint and going through some honeyed tree fruit and citrus flavors. It's a touch creamy on the midpalate, imparting some extra richness, before fading a little abruptly on the finish. (Joe Czerwinski) - 89

Wine Folly ReviewPage 165- 166 of the book talks about Sauvignon Blanc and mentions the flavors of honeydew, grapefruit and white peach which I all taste. I especially smell the grapefruit. New Zealand is included on page 166 and it mentions more ripe pear and kiwi. On these pages passionfruit and gooseberry which I do not taste. On page 262-263 New Zealand wine is specifically talked about. More than half the wine from this country is Sauvignon Blanc and more than half is from Marlborough.


My Personal Review: I really enjoyed this wine. This is one of my favorite Sauvignon Blanc that I have tried. When smelling the wine I get strong notes of peach and grapefruit. The other flavors I get when I am tasting are pear and kiwi. This wine is also acidic which I enjoy. I tried it first with my dinner which was tortellini with an artichoke sauce. The two complemented each other well. Overall, I enjoy the wine and the acidity of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whitehaven Wine Tastin-2

Name:  Whitehaven Variety:  Sauvignon Blanc Region:  Marlborough Country:  New Zealand Year:  2022 Price:  $16.99 Winery Review: Aromas of p...