Thursday, February 23, 2023

Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc

 

Name: Oyster Bay 
Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Marlborough
Country: New Zealand
Year: 2022
Price: $11.99

Winery Review: A pure nose of guava, gooseberries, lime and a grassy character. Fresh and bright with high-toned acidity in a texture palate with a mouthwatering finish. Simple, but tangy and delicious. Drink Now (James Suckling) - 90

Wine Folly Review: Page 262-263 talks about New Zealand wine with Sauvignon Blanc being about half the wine produced and Marlborough talking about half of the acres of vineyards in the country. The book mentions the high acidity which I tasted as well as residual sugar which I did note on my glass while drinking. Passion fruit was also mentioned which I did not taste. On pages 165-166 Sauvignon Blanc wines in general are
discussed. I tasted notes of peach, kiwi and ripe pear but not passionfruit and pea shoot.

Personal Review: I really enjoyed this wine and it had an excellent flavor profile. Guava was mentioned in the winery review and I tasted that in this wine. I also tasted peach, kiwi, and ripe pear, but I especially liked the flavor profile from the guava. I appreciated the high acidity present and tartness to the wine. This was interesting because I noticed residual sugar in my glass. The temperature of the wine also made it crisper. Overall, this was a very enjoyable acidic white wine. 

I drank this wine at a cold temperature and without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whitehaven Wine Tastin-2

Name:  Whitehaven Variety:  Sauvignon Blanc Region:  Marlborough Country:  New Zealand Year:  2022 Price:  $16.99 Winery Review: Aromas of p...