Monday, February 6, 2023

A to Z Pinot Noir

Name: A to Z Pinot Noir
Variety: 100% Pinot Noir
Region: Oregon
Country: USA
Year: 2021
Price: $21.99

Winery Review: This widely available Oregon Pinot avoids the sort of winemaking tricks that take away detail and specificity. It is broadly flavorful with brambly blackberry and black cherry fruit, along with a streak of licorice. (Paul Gregutt) - 90

Wine Folly Review: Page 269 goes into United States Pinot Noirs which are described as rich, red berry aromas. As well, they are light body, juicy acidity and spice flavors from oak aging. For the red berries I taste raspberry as well as the acidity and spice flavor.  Page 150-151 talks about Pinot Noirs in general.
Raspberries and cherries are mentioned as part of the flavor profile which I taste, but I do not taste the cloves, mushrooms or vanilla.

Personal Review: This is another go to wine for me. It is rich which I enjoy. I also lightly taste cherries and strongly taste raspberries. This wine is acidic and spicey which I enjoy. I tried it with my dinner which was tortellini and marinera sauce. I feel like the two do not complement each other well but the wine was great on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whitehaven Wine Tastin-2

Name:  Whitehaven Variety:  Sauvignon Blanc Region:  Marlborough Country:  New Zealand Year:  2022 Price:  $16.99 Winery Review: Aromas of p...